The Des Moines Writers Workshop is a writing critique group for active writers of all levels and abilities. We focus on fiction of all genres and narrative nonfiction. The Des Moines Writers’ Workshop offers several levels of critique groups ranging from how to start your novel all the way up to an intensive workshop experience.
To see how our group got started, click here.
NOTE: There will be NO write-in in October. It was scheduled for Sunday, October 2nd, but there is an Iowa Author Fair going on at the Des Moines Public Library that day. Please go to the book fair to meet and support local writers.
- If you are interested in joining one of our critique groups, or want more information, please contact us.
- Congratulations to member, Kamerhe Lane, who signed with Adriann Ranta, of Foundry Literary. Adriann will be representing Kamerhe and her amazing YA manuscript, The Gospel According to Joan. Read more about it here.
- Congratulations to member, Beth Burgmeyer, whose manuscript of The Gathering has been selected as a finalist in the national Somerset Awards for Literary and Contemporary Fiction.
- Congratulations to member (Kurt) Francis Sparks who signed with Pandamoon Publishing. They are going to publish his crime novel, Made Safe.
- Read about Francis Sparks’ experience with our group here.
- Check out member, Michelle Chalkey’s, thoughts about our group here.
- Like our Facebook page to see upcoming events, news, and to share writing tips.