The Des Moines Writers Workshop is a writing critique group for active writers of all levels and abilities. We focus on fiction of all genres and narrative nonfiction. The Des Moines Writers’ Workshop offers several levels of critique groups ranging from how to start your novel all the way up to an intensive workshop experience.
To see how our group got started, click here.
- If you are interested in joining one of our critique groups, or want more information, please contact us.
- The Des Moines Writers’ Workshop is thrilled to be a part of the Wonder of Words Festival again this year. We will be doing an interactive workshop from 1:00-2:30. Then from 3:00-4:30, we’ll be discussing how to navigate the different paths to becoming a published author. The Wonder of Words Festival is an amazing event. We hope to see you there.
- Congratulations to member Kamerhe Lane, who signed with Adriann Ranta of Foundry Literary. Adriann will be representing Kamerhe and her amazing YA manuscript, The Gospel According to Joan. Read more about it here.
- Congratulations to member Beth Burgmeyer whose manuscript of The Gathering has been selected as a finalist in the national Somerset Awards for Literary and Contemporary Fiction.
- Congratulations to member Francis Sparks who signed with Pandamoon Publishing. They published his debut novel, Made Safe, in January 2017.
- Read about Francis Sparks’ experience with our group here.
- Check out member Michelle Chalkey’s thoughts about our group here.
- Like our Facebook page to see upcoming events, news, and to share writing tips.